The government has allocated Rs 9,934 crore to the health sector
Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has presented the AAP government’s budget for 2021-22.
The key highlights of the healthcare sector are-
- The government has allocated Rs 9,934 crore to the health sector.
- Covid-19 vaccination will continue to be free of cost for Delhiites in government hospitals. Sisodia has allocated Rs 50 crore for the vaccination drive.
- Special women-only clinics or "Mahila Mohalla Clinics" will be set up in Delhi from next year to ensure health access for every woman.
- Rs 1,293 crore has been set aside for expansion of healthcare services, including opening new hospitals, renovating old ones and augmenting beds.
- Rs 25 crore has been allocated to promote Yoga in the city; yoga trainers will made available across the city.