Co-Rakshak offers contextualised safety training for 9 job roles in 5 languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, and Kannada
Utter App, in collaboration with Wadhwani Foundation, has announced the launch of India’s first safety training app for ‘Essential Service Providers’ to protect them against COVID-19 at their workplace and in their daily work routines.
Co-Rakshak provides contextualised safety training for Essential Service Providers
- Co-Rakshak is a multilingual chat-based app combining text, video and audio content to build user awareness and training for essential service providers about the Coronavirus and seek help from the right authorities in times of distress.
- The app offers best practices and standard safety protocols to be undertaken at their workplace and at home.
- Co-Rakshak offers contextualised safety training for 9 job roles in 5 languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English, and Kannada.
- In the second phase, the app will cover over 40 job roles and make it available in 9 Indian languages.
- The content has been created in accordance with guidelines issued by WHO, CDC, FSSAI, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, amongst others.
- One of the biggest and most neglected challenges presented by COVID has been the Information Disconnect between governments, employers, health experts and essential service providers.
- It is critical that these workers are adequately aware and trained for self-care while operating in their workplaces and congested living conditions.
Announcing the launch of Co-Rakshak Ninad Vengurlekar, CEO, Utter App said, “We decided to use the Utter platform to build Co-Rakshak app to train the blue collar and essential services professionals in safety training related to COVID - in the context of their day to day jobs.”
Ratna Mehta, Executive Vice President, Wadhwani Catalyst Fund, Wadhwani Foundation said, “Co-Rakshak is a great medium to create health related awareness focused on job roles and train people as they go back to their jobs.”
Co-Rakshak Provides Safety Training to 9 Key Job Roles
- Delivery Personnel, Shopkeepers, Facility Management personnel like security guards, Home Staff like maids, caretakers, cooks, etc., Police, transportation workers like drivers, mechanics, etc., Hospitality personnel like housekeepers, Government personnel and Health professionals like doctors, nurses, etc.
- At the end of the programme, there is a short test to assess the understanding of the learners.
The entire cost of development of the app has been funded by Wadhwani Foundation, while Utter App has donated its professional resources and platform for the cause.