The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister has given its approval for continuation of National AIDS Control Programme-IV (NACP-IV) beyond 12th Five Year Plan for a period of three years from April, 2017 to March, 2020. The total outlay will be Rs.6434.76 crore.
The programme is aiming:
- More than 99% of population will be kept HIV free.
- More than 70 lakh of key population covered annually through a comprehensive HIV prevention programme.
- Around 15 crore of vulnerable population (including five crore pregnant women) will be tested for HIV in three years of project.
- Two crore 32 lakh units of blood will be collected at NACO’s supported blood banks during three year of project.
- Two crore 82 lakh episodes of sexually transmitted infections will be managed under project during three years of project.
- Seventeen lakh of PLHIV will be put on free anti-retroviral treatment by end of project period.