The ICMR in supersession of all its previous advertisements for various director level posts, has now invited fresh applications in prescribed format up to October 21, 2015. The same are for the fourteen posts of directors at the Institutes of ICMR, a premier medical research organization under the department of health research (DHR), ministry of health and family welfare, government of India.
ICMR deals with health research in various areas in collaboration with national international agencies through its 32 Institutes/Centres including a large number of field stations situated all over the country. The posts are with all India transfer liability under the Council.
The Institutes/Centres where the posts of director are located include:
1. National Centre for Disease Informatics and Research (NCDIR), Bengaluru
2. National Institute of Occupational Health(NIOH), Ahmedabad
3. National Institute of Immunohaematology (NIIH), Mumbai
4. National Institute of Pathology (NIP), New Delhi
5. National AIDS Research Institute(NARI), Pune
6. National Institute of Cholera & Enteric Diseases (NICED), Kolkata
7. National Institute of Nutrition(NIN), Hyderabad
8. Enterovirus Research Centre (ERC), Mumbai
9. National Institute of Research in Environmental Health (NIREH), Bhopal
10. Centre for Research in Medical Entomology (CRME), Madurai
11. Regional Medical Research Centre (RMRC), Dibrugarh
12. Regional Medical Research Centre(RMRC), Bhubaneswar
13. Regional Medical Research Centre, Belgaum
14. National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis, Chennai
Each of these institutes has their own set of criteria for the post of director. It is a top research management post and a director is required to provide high level leadership in the formulation of research programmes and projects and in organizing and co-ordinating team work. The full details are given on the ICMR's website.