• 11 July 2011
  • News
  • By

Explores next generation sequencing market

Revenue 135.10
Imperial Life Sciences
CEO: Mr Suresh Kumar Gupta
Business: Supplier of products used in biotechnology and molecular biology research
Start-up Year: 1992
Address: Plot No. 463,
Sector 37-II, Pace City II,
Tel: +91-124-4559800 / 99
Fax: +91-124-4559801
Website: www.imperialls.com
The major business drivers were microarrays, automated electrophoresis units, flow cytometers and imaging flow cytometers

Imperial Life Sciences (ILS) has been able to maintain a consistent growth rate of 19.7  percent this year too. The company registered revenue of 135.10 crore in the FY 2010-11 as against 112.85 crore in the last fiscal. In continuation with last year’s trend, 70 percent of the revenue has been generated from the instrumentation business and the rest 30 percent from the reagents business.

ILS has been an exclusive representative of many leading global players in India. The company provides complete solutions in instrumentation, reagents, bioinformatics and consumables. Besides that it has the entire range of products for labs working in genomics, proteomics, cell culture, drug discovery and bioproduction.

The company has collaborated with many key players from different segments of the business like Affymetrix, a market leader in microarrays; NEB, a key player in restriction enzymes; Miltenyi Biotech, a market leader in magnetic cell separations and Biometra which provides thermal cyclers. With a strong focus on existing and emerging markets, ILS has expanded its focus on genomics and cell biology instrumentation and consumables. Now it is exploring the possibilities of expanding into the Next Generation sequencing market in collaboration with existing and new principal partners.

According to Mr Neeraj Gupta, director, Sales and Marketing, “The major business drivers this year were microarrays, automated electrophoresis units, flow cytometers, imaging flow cytometers and in vivo imaging systems with multiple units sold throughout the country.”

The ILS has also started Custom Bonded Warehouse for the long term benefit of its customers. Talking about this focus of the company, Mr Suresh Kumar Gupta, CEO, ILS, says, “With the availability of a Warehouse, the customers can purchase products in Indian currency with same custom duty benefit pricing and faster deliveries across India. This has helped the company to simplify delivery and ordering process.”

Leave a Reply Sign in

Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail address

Post Comment

Survey Box

Union Budget

Has Union budget 2017 addressed all requirements of healthcare industry?

Send this article by email