• 7 July 2010
  • News
  • By

Capitalizes on new product launches

Shimadzu Analytical (India)

Head: Senya Imamichi (MD)
Business: Provides analytical and scientific Instrumentation
Start-up Year:2006
Address: 1 A/B Rushabh Chambers, Makwana Road, Marol, Andheri (East), Mumbai– 400059, Maharashtra
Tel: +91-22-29204741
Fax: +91-22-29201678
Website: www.shimadzu.com

Life Sciences Business
(in Rs Crore)

Rs 141 Crore

Shimadzu has a customer support center in New Delhi and has in the recent past upgraded its customer support center in Mumbai
Shimadzu Analytical (India), a subsidiary of Shimadzu Corporation Japan, that offers a broad range of high-precision technologies in the fields of analytical, scientific and process control instrumentation, and environmental monitoring. In fiscal 2009-10, the Indian subsidiary clocked revenues of Rs 141 crore as against Rs 154 crore last year.

Shimadzu Corporation was established in Japan in 1875. Today, it has developed as a Rs 9,236 crore ($2 bn) company with a worldwide presence in analytical instruments, medical instruments, industrial automation, and aircraft components.

Since past more than four decades now, Shimadzu has been serving the Indian Scientific community by offering cutting-edge technologies in analytical and measuring instrumentation through its four marketing partners namely Spinco Biotech, Toshvin Analytical, Swan Environmental and Amkette Analytics. To reaffirm Shimadzu's commitment of to the Indian customers, Shimadzu analytical India was established in  2006.

The company has been operating in the Indian life sciences space for the past 40 years through these distributors. Today around 70 percent of the company's business comes from life sciences. While the private sector constitutes around 70 percent of its business and the remaining 30 percent comes from the public sector. Again, within the private sector, around 50 percent of the business comes from the pharmaceutical sector.
Since its inception in 2006, Shimadzu India's employee strength has nearly doubled with two PhD holders. Shimadzu has two customer support Centers, in Mumbai and New Delhi; that have been established with a key objective of providing comprehensible support to valued customers by way of technical training, demonstrations, pre-sales and after sales support.

Some of the products launched in India by Shimadzu during the fiscal include Gas Chromatograph: GC-2010 Plus, Fluorescence Detector for HPLC and  NEXERA (UHPLC). The Shimadzu GC-2010 Plus represents a new generation in top-end capillary GC analysis, redefining sensitivity limits for trace analysis, fast GC applications, and easy, robust operation. The GC-2010 Plus enables reliable, high-precision trace analysis with high repeatability, utilizing detectors such as FID and FPD that feature best-in-class sensitivity. In addition, rapid oven cooling and backflush technology shorten analysis time greatly for significant improvements in productivity.

The Fluorescence Detector for HPLC does the basic performance of the Prominence series plus it is now enhanced by the RF-20A/20Axs fluorescence detectors, which offer world-leading sensitivity, excellent ease of maintenance, and validation support functions. They support a wide range of applications from conventional analysis to ultra fast analysis.

Shimadzu  also announced the launch of the Nexera: Ultra High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC) system, which delivers high-speed and high-resolution analysis without sacrificing basic performance parameters such as excellent precision, near-zero carryover, good linearity, stability and ruggedness. Offering these attributes enables Nexera to meet all analysis requirements with no compromise in data integrity.

Leave a Reply Sign in

Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail address

Post Comment

Survey Box

National Health Policy

Is National Health Policy 2017 helpful for patients?

Send this article by email